Popular Posts

Monday, November 10, 2014

Meal Planning!!!!


This week Wayne County Moms is launching an online "Meal Planning Guru Workshop." Complete with homework assignments and FREE templates. Spend the next 5 days mastering the art of meal planning. Keep us posted on your progress.

I put so many exclamation marks behind the word planning because everyone asks me how I do it! How do you feed your family FULL home cooked meals EVERYDAY? Well, actually, I generally take a day off, but never completely. We HAVE to eat and we seldom to never, do DOUBLE DAY leftovers, which means we are NOT eating the same thing two days in a row. If you have leftovers, pack it for lunch or freeze it and bring it out for a day in the future. People may say it's OK, but in reality, no one likes double day leftovers. This week I will walk you through how to make sure your family is eating good EVERYDAY and make it as easy as possible for you to manage, even if you are doing it alone. First we have to focus on grocery shopping. I shop with the food pyramid in mind.

I have a list of starches, veggies, and proteins that my family loves to eat. I then pair and rotate them in a way that is interesting and economical for our family throughout the month. 

 Check the blog regularly this week to find out how to create your very own meal plans!


No comments:

Post a Comment